The Impact of Your Contribution
The Multidisciplinary Vulvodynia Program (MVP) exists solely because of the generous support of donors who believe in improving women’s health through comprehensive and evidence-based care. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we have been able to:
- Develop the first multidisciplinary treatment program for women with provoked vestibulodynia in North America;
- Provide comprehensive and integrated treatment for over 300 women with provoked vestibulodynia in British Columbia to date;
- Educate physicians about proper diagnostic and treatment approaches for provoked vestibulodynia;
- Inform the public about provoked vestibulodynia through media outreach efforts and a public education forum;
- Conduct research on provoked vestibulodynia, including research on women’s experiences with the healthcare system and the effectiveness of a multidisciplinary treatment approach.
Unfortunately, the program’s funding is finite. Without additional support, other women with vulvodynia will not have access to this treatment program and research and public education efforts will be significantly affected. Every donation, large or small, is helpful!
Where Will Your Contribution Go?
Your donation to the MVP will go towards:
- Ensuring that the program can continue to operate and provide much-needed healthcare to women with vulvodynia;
- Providing the resources needed to train physicians and other health-care providers in the accurate assessment and treatment of vulvodynia;
- Research programs that further our understanding of this condition and its treatments.
How Can You Donate to the MVP?
The MVP accepts donations through the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation – a registered charity that raises funds for much-needed medical equipment, world-class research and improvements to patient care. The Foundation receives donations for a number of causes but any gifts specifically designated for the MVP will be directed towards our program. To make a secure on-line donation to the MVP, click here.