How Do You Treat This Pain Condition?
There are many different therapies and treatments available for women suffering from vulvodynia. Women will often need to try several different treatments before experiencing significant pain relief. The longer a woman has been experiencing pain, the more likely that she will benefit from a multidisciplinary approach to treating her pain.
We believe that women will benefit the most from addressing three areas of health:
- Reducing the vulvar pain
- improving the pelvic floor muscular health
- Addressing the woman’s emotional health (which includes attention to sexual health and relationship factors in addition to mood and stress).
Steps to Health
- Start by taking care of the skin
- Try simple things to relieve the discomfort
- Learn more about the condition and share the information with your health care provider
- Find a health care provider who can work with you to develop a treatment plan
- Take care of your sexual health
- Improve your mental health
- Seek the help of a pelvic floor physiotherapist
- Discuss other pain management options with your health care provider