Find a Health Care Provider

Steps to Health

Find a Health Care Provider Who Can Work with You to Develop a Treatment Plan

It is very important to have a good family doctor who can help you. A family doctor can help you directly and also refer you to other health care providers (gynaecologists, physiotherapists, sexual counselors). While some physicians may not have heard about this condition many have experience in helping women with other types of chronic pain conditions such as migraine headaches and lower back pain and thus are very familiar with the principles of treating chronic pain conditions. Direct your physician to this website or share the resources that we have recommended if he or she has not heard of this condition. A gynecologist may be more familiar with this condition and may be also able to help you. Ask your family doctor for a referral. Many physiotherapists and sexual counselor accept self-referrals.

Next: Take care of your sexual health

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC  | © Copyright The University of British Columbia